Certificate in Civil Litigation & Procedure in Scotland
This introductory course is designed for trainees, paralegals, newly qualified solicitors and those who are generally new to civil litigation.
It will provide you with a highly practical guide to civil litigation and the court process in Scotland.
Focusing on practice and procedure in both the Sheriff Court and the Court of Session, this course will also look at the drafting and advocacy skills necessary for a successful career in civil litigation.
Delegates will be provided with a certificate of attendance after the course.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The jurisdiction of the civil courts in Scotland
- Practice and procedure in the Sheriff Court and the Court of Session
- Written pleadings
- Debates - preparation and conduct
- Proofs - preparation and conduct
- General advocacy skills
- Instructing Counsel
- Expenses and litigation funding
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme