Cause & Effect - An Introduction for Construction Professionals
It is often easy to work out that something has gone wrong in a construction contract: the work has been delayed; it has cost more than anticipated; there are defects in the resulting structure.
The question of what caused the problem is less straightforward, and establishing legal causation as part of a successful claim can be even more problematic.
This new half day course will cover the latest issues for contract administrators and legal advisors on causation in construction contracts. It will provide practical examples as to how to establish causation in a range of different construction disputes, including time and money claims, defects claims and professional negligence.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The different approaches to causation: effective cause or dominant cause?
- Causation and money claims under the contract
- Extensions of time, concurrency and causation
- Proving heads of loss and 'global claims'
- Defects and causation: design, workmanship, or something else?
- Professional negligence and causation of loss
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme