Cash & Billing for Law Firms - Your Guide to Credit Management & Dealing with Bad Debt
This live broadcast session will examine and work through the various stages in the working capital cycle, exploring what can go wrong and what actions can be taken to eliminate delays in payment and risk to client relationships.
The interactive session aims to provide practical advice on ‘client instruction to pay’ cycle providing the firm with the best cash results and the client with a good billing experience.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Working capital cycle - looking at the end to end process and where finance needs to provide guidance and support to the business
- On boarding - getting finance involved from the beginning, understanding the procurement and billing protocols of your clients
- Considering how the client/matter set up should follow the client requirements
- Billing clinic - an opportunity to bring billing issues to the classroom for discussion and practical support
- Reviewing the complexities of today’s billing and how to train your fee earners on the clients’ procurement requirements
- Modelling & development of credit control teams and processes which the firm will want to engage with
- Credit control clinic - an opportunity to bring any credit control problems to the table and discuss ways to strengthen processes
- Reporting - creating reports which are relevant and a fast read for the busy fee earner
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Solicitors Accounts Rules
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.