Capital Allowances - Hotels, Restaurants & Office Buildings - Don’t Lose Out
From April 2017 there have been restrictions for deducting interest where bank interest exceeds £2m/annum. This makes the full claiming of allowances for UK entities even more important.
Many clients and advisors have muddled understanding of the subject and the course will provide you with excellent pointers and an understanding in a practical setting.
This course aims to provide you with a good understanding of the key issues for claiming allowances on hotel properties and office buildings for the buying, selling, refurbishing and constructing of space based on case studies and examples of best practice.
Find out how to maximise allowances when you buy offices, how to retain those allowances when you sell and maximise allowances when you build, refurbish or fit out offices.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Landlord contributions
- Key types of plant that qualify
- Enhanced capital allowances
- Refurbishments to offices - key issues
- Repairs to hotels and restaurants
- Repairs to hospitality and tax relief
- Asbestos removal and decontamination that typically applies in hospitality, offices, tax relief
- Repairs to offices and tax relief
- Capital allowances issues when buying and selling offices
- Interest relief restrictions from April 2017 and impact on offices/hotels
- How should you negotiate allowances when buying an office/hotel?
- How should you negotiate allowances when selling a property?
- What information do you need from builders and professional advisors when carrying out building works
- Relevant case studies
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme