Capital Allowances in Uncertain Times - A Guide for Irish Tax Professionals
In the current uncertain times, property owners and investors, accountants, tax advisors, lawyers and bankers should all be considering how they can maximise cash flow and reduce the tax bill for themselves or their clients.
Capital allowances are the primary means of obtaining tax relief for commercial property/business purchasers, commercial property owner-occupiers, and investors. However in the vast majority of property transactions, capital allowances are not being optimised and substantial cash savings are not being claimed.
Albeit capital allowances is a specialist area, anyone involved with property transactions or advising on property transactions should have a high level knowledge of this important tax break.
This live broadcast session starting from the basics will highlight the possibilities and pitfalls arising on property acquisitions or sales.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What are capital allowances?
- When are capital allowances given?
- Who can claim capital allowances and why?
- What assets qualify and why?
- How are capital allowances given in an income or corporation tax return?
- Property Acquisitions
- What conditions must be satisfied for a buyer to claim?
- How are capital allowances valued?
- Property Disposals
- What happens to capital allowances when a property is sold?
- How does this affect capital gains?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.