COVID-19 & Employer Insolvency - A Guide for Employment & HR Professionals
This live broadcast session will cover the key issues which the COVID-19 pandemic raises in regard to the insolvency of employers.
It will include a review of recent case law and complexities on the interaction between the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and the insolvency regime - including the treatment of different forms of remuneration due to employees which may be unpaid on insolvency, the role of the Secretary of State and TUPE.
With events and Government policy moving so fast, latest developments will also be covered.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Case law and complexities on Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and the insolvency regime
- Administrator’s adoption of employment contracts including Carluccio’s (in administration), Debenhams Retail Limited (in administration) and the Treasury Direction
- Employees’ remuneration and priority under the Insolvency Act 1986
- Unpaid redundancy payments
- Unpaid arrears of pay, notice pay and holiday pay
- Unpaid maternity, paternity, adoption and sick pay
- Unpaid contributions to occupational pension schemes
- Role of the Secretary of State, Redundancy Payments Office and National Insurance Fund
- Role of the Pensions Regulator, Pension Protection Fund and Ombudsman
- TUPE and insolvency
- Latest developments
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.