COLPs & COFAs - A Guide to Best Practice
Changes brought in by the new SRA Standards and Regulations may have caused some unsettlement amongst the profession.
As COLP or COFA, your firm's compliance and risk management 'champion', you strive to raise standards through setting up and monitoring process and procedure.
Not only that, but you are also the eyes and ears of the SRA, shouldering the ever-increasing burden of there being a potential for conflict between your regulatory duties and your duties to the firm.
So how does this work in practice?
In the absence of definitive guidance, what does the SRA expect you to be doing on a day-to-day basis?
And is it possible to be a COLP/COFA whilst continuing the 'day job' as a lawyer?
This webinar is aimed at those who are already familiar with the roles and will focus, in a practical level, about how you can go about discharging them.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Scope of your role
- Auditing and benchmarking
- Compliance planning
- Policies, procedures and accreditation
- Risk management strategies
- Getting your reporting lines right
- Recording and audit trails
- Monitoring and assessing progress
- Reporting breaches to the SRA
- Changes brought in by the new SRA Standards and Regulations (including supervision, reporting, Accounts Rules and publicity)
- Trouble with your business partners
- Bringing people along with you
- Getting the right team in place
- Keeping up to date