COLP Masterclass - How to Meet Your Regulatory Obligations - Live at Your Desk
This Masterclass is Limited to 25 Delegates - Book Now to Guarantee Your Place
This comprehensive and practical interactive two-part live broadcast is designed to tackle all the responsibilities attached to the vital role of the Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (COLP). This key position is critical in ensuring that the firm meets its regulatory obligations under the SRA Handbook. How can the COLP best tackle their duties?
- What are the risks and responsibilities?
- What does the COLP have to do in practice?
- Can the COLP face personal liability?
- What impact will the SRA Standards and Regulations have post 25 November 2019?
What You Will Learn
Aimed at COLPs, Partners, Risk and Compliance Managers and those involved in a compliance role, the broadcast will address all aspects of the specific obligations attached to the COLP function.
It includes case studies, exercises and guidance on the role and responsibilities of the COLP and will cover the following:
- The SRA approach under Firm Based Regulation
- Current regulatory obligations - Authorisation Rule 8
- The responsibilities of the COLP
- Future obligations under the SRA Standards and Regulations (STaR)
- Key chapters in the Code of Conduct 2011 and STaR comparison
- Chapter 1 - Client Care
- Chapter 7 - Business Management
- Chapter 10 - You and Your Regulator
- Developing Compliance plans
- Assessing risk and preparing a Risk Register
- Training and the SRA Competency Statement
- Dealing with undertakings
- Anti-Money Laundering and 2017 Regulations
- Data security and protection
- File reviews
- Conflicts and confidentiality
- Equality and Diversity
- Business continuity
- Referrals and introductions
- Transparency Rules
- Insurance Distribution
- Monitoring and recording breaches
- Notifying the SRA and corrective action
- Scenarios and dilemmas
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
9:30am - 11:30am
9:30am - 11:30am