Buying & Selling a Family Business - How to Achieve a Successful Transaction
Family businesses will always at some stage in their life cycle face the opportunity and challenge of whether they should sell up.
If your client base includes such businesses this is a must attend session to allow you to better advise and understand the issues that your clients face and to assist them through the process.
This live broadcast session is designed to help you understand the issues faced by family businesses and the process and technical issues involved in achieving a successful transaction. There will be practical case studies, virtual break out rooms and the opportunity to contribute your own experiences.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- How and when should you raise the question of a sale with your client?
- How is best value identified and obtained?
- What is a typical deal structure?
- Why only 10% of family businesses succeed to the third generation
- The approach to valuing businesses
- The process involved with a successful transaction
- The contents and role of the Information Memorandum
- The ‘hierarchy’ of consideration from cash to earn out
- The role of the lead adviser
- The legal documentation and timescales
- Tax and how to maximise post tax consideration
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.