Buy to Let Purchases - The Key Pitfalls for Conveyancers
This virtual classroom seminar is designed for property practitioners who act for buy to let purchasers/landlords.
It will provide an essential guide to the key pitfalls commonly associated with acquiring properties with a view to subletting them on assured tenancies.
A key focus will be on the extent of the conveyancer’s retainer with the client, especially in matters pertaining to housing law or landlord and tenant issues.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- How far do you advise the buyer about?
- The terms of tenancy agreements
- Landlord’s statutory obligations
- The potential difficulties of repossessing a property, including the restrictions on serving section 21 notices?
- The requirements of tenancy deposit schemes
- The potential difficulties of selling with vacant possession when there is a sitting tenant?
- HMO: Identifying whether the property needs a licence and, if so, ascertaining whether current licensing and planning requirements are satisfied
- The pitfalls of buying flats, especially for AirBnb sub-lettings
- Common buy-to-let mortgagee requirements
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.