Brexit-Proofing Commercial Leases - Practical Steps Explored
It would be a rash person who would make predictions about the eventual shape of the UK’s future relationship with the European Union, given the twists, turns and dramas of the last four years. Uncertainty continues as to what (if any) tariffs will be applied, what customs procedures will operate, what degree of alignment with EU regulation the UK might accept, and which sectors will be most affected.
Short to medium-term uncertainty such as this does not sit well with lengthy, inflexible lease commitments, which represent an exposure to landlords just as much as to tenants. This live broadcast session will consider the defensive measures which might be considered, not only by parties to new leases, but also as potential amendments to existing ones.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Is the argument for frustration of leases entirely dead?
- What provision might be made for lease breaks in the event of no deal?
- Anticipated impact on provision of services
- How to provide for any increase in likelihood of tenant default
- Alternative rental arrangements - potential benefits and pitfalls
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.