Brexit - What IP Attorneys Need to Know
Intellectual property aspects of the UK leaving the European Union need to be considered now, not just in 2019 and IP attorneys need to ensure their clients are aware of the likely impact of Brexit in this field.
This webinar provides a summary of core EU IP legal issues which are affected by Brexit and provides guidance on how to handle this area in the run up to Brexit.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Clauses for contracts
- Defining licence territories in the EU/UK with Brexit in mind
- The EU single market and exhaustion of intellectual property rights (EU 'first sale' doctrine) - UK/EU IP trade after a hard Brexit? Where this leaves territorial restrictions and export bans
- Consideration of new draft EU 'geo-blocking' regulation for internet selling
- Where to register rights - EU wide only or UK and EU wide?
- Future of new EU unitary patent and its courts in a Brexit Europe
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 7th November 2017 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.