Blockchain Technology - The Tax Implications & Opportunities
The value of Bitcoin keeps making headlines (for good and bad) - and with it, come flurries of stories on tax problems. But there's more to blockchain technology than just Bitcoin, and it could have substantial tax implications - but probably not in the way that you think.
This webinar will look at what is involved in blockchain technology, and its implications for tax - now and in future.
The webinar is suitable for anyone advising businesses that are involved with Bitcoin, or considering initial coin offerings, or simply with an interest in the tax impact of new technology.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is blockchain technology: how does it work (in plain English!)
- Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies:
- The UK tax approach
- International differences, considering the US and others
- Tax issues that arise from the technology
- Initial coin offerings
- Other blockchain uses
- Tax opportunities that arise from the technology
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 28th September 2018 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.