Bills of Lading - Recent Decisions & Developments
This webinar will provide potential solutions and strategies to common problems in relation to claims in relation to cargo loss or damage as well as misdelivery and issues arising from the now common practice of switching bills of lading.
The webinar is aimed at those who already have some knowledge and experience in dry shipping law and/or carriage of goods by sea.
- What is the correct approach to the burden of proof in cases alleging unseaworthiness or breach of Article III r.2 of the Hague Rules?
- When is a bill of lading spent to the purposes of s.2 of COGSA 1992?
- What are the obstacles in enforcing under an LOI in the case of misdelivery of cargo?
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- How to avoid the perils of title to sue
- The most recent nuances of the law on the Hague Rules in various respects
- What are switch bills and what are the perils associated with their use?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 7th November 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.