Billing of Crown Court Work - Latest Guidance from Colin Beaumont
Much is happening in relation to the billing of Crown Court work and it is important that you are aware of the most up-to-date position.
This webinar is aimed at advocates and those preparing the billing.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- An analysis of the fees that you can claim for Crown Court work where the determination is made prior to 1st December 2017
- An analysis of the fees that you can claim for Crown Court work where the determination is made on or after 1st of December 2017
- Fixed fees for both litigators and advocates
- The importance of how the case arrived at the Crown Court - Sentence? - Committed? - Appeal?
- How many ‘cases’ have you got when you come to bill the matter(s)
- Additional fees claimable by the advocate from the NTT on the Red Corner Form
- POCA claims at hourly rates from the NTT on the Yellow Corner Form
- New digital claiming in relation to POCA
- The definition of a ‘Trial’ - important case-law in this area
- Getting the offence ‘Classification’ right
- Learn how to work out the litigators fee from tables within 60 seconds
- Learn how to work out the advocates fee from tables within 60 seconds
- Newton Hearings and the payments for them - the guidance seems to be different dependent upon whether you are litigator or advocate
- Private paying clients in the Crown Court - let’s get your advice right
- Special Prep or PPE - Evidence served upon us in a digital format
- The importance of ‘indictments’
- The latest Crown Court Fee Guidance document published by the Legal Aid Agency
- Getting your advice right following the new Guidance on credit for an early indication of guilt