Avoiding Share Valuation Nightmares - Tips & Traps Explained
As is the case with many types of advice, share and business valuation has become more and more complicated, while the penalties for getting it wrong are on the increase.
Through the use of real valuation cases and examples, this one day course will deal with the differences between the various bases of value, and importantly, what they mean in valuation terms, and when and where they will apply. It will deal with many of the vagaries of even the well known valuation methodologies and techniques. It is often easy to fail to identify where value really lies.
Whether for tax or non-tax valuations, this course will help attendees avoid many of the traps for the unwary.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The significance of the differences between the various valuation bases - market value, open market value, fair market value, fair (equitable) value
- What these differences mean in terms of value
- Fair (equitable) value - but can the concept apply to companies?
- Importance of correctly understanding the various valuation methodologies
- EBIT, EBITDA and enterprise value
- P/E based valuations? Any life in the old dog?
- Discounted cashflow methods
- Dividend yields and fixed interest securities
- Unusual Articles' wordings and valuation implications
- Identifying hidden value
- QP or not QP; that is the question - and what to do with it if it is?
- Always remember the tax implications
- Mixing and matching multiples
- Bid premium or no bid premium?
- Expert Witnesses and negligence
- Disappearing company goodwill; and how to prevent it
- Converting goodwill into intangibles
- Get all your ducks in a row
- How to avoid tax bear traps
10:00am - 4:30pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme