Arbitration & Mediation - A Guide to ADR for Litigators
This new full day course will show you how to effectively use the main ADR processes, with a refresher on the court oversight of ADR and a reminder of the key terminology.
The session will be interactive and participative using a quiz and case study exercises to reinforce the information provided.
What You Will Learn
This introductory course will cover the following:
- Main processes of ADR
- Understanding arbitration as an alternative to litigation
- Advantages of arbitration
- Common mistakes made when using arbitration
- Understanding mediation as an alternative to litigation
- Advantages of mediation
- Common mistakes made when using mediation
- Combining ADR processes - how and when to use 'Arb-Med' or 'Med-Arb'
- Recent changes in the ADR landscape - the increase in family law arbitration
- Choosing arbitrators or mediators
- Choosing experts in arbitration
- Ad Hoc v Institutional arbitration
10:00am - 4:30pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme