Anti-Money Laundering - Playing Your Part
All persons acting in the course of a business in the UK are subject to the anti-money laundering regulations. Are you and your employees playing your part in preventing money laundering?
Does everyone within your organisation know the key signs of money laundering and how to report any suspicions? What happens when a suspicious activity report is made?
Using easy to understand examples and scenarios this introductory level webinar is a guide to the minefield of anti-money laundering and the busy year ahead with new regulations and the Financial Action Task Force.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is money laundering and where did it all begin
- Who launders money
- The stages of money laundering
- Key legislation including
- The Terrorism Act 2000
- The Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA)
- The Money Laundering Regulations 2007
- The Bribery Act 2010
- Principle offences and their defences
- Client inception and Client Due Diligence (CDD)
- Beneficial Owners and Politically Exposed People (PEP)
- Who are the NCA and what is their role together with statistics and data
- The role of the MLRO and their reporting duties
- Making a report to the NCA - what happens next?
- Future developments
Why not test your knowledge by taking a short online quiz? Just click Prove It – Money Laundering to start the quiz