Anti-Bribery Compliance - An Introduction to Your Responsibilities & Duties
Corrupt acts are a risk to any business and its employees as they may result in prosecution, fines and other penalties and this may include barring you from tendering for business.
The case of Skansen Interiors Limited highlighted the need for organisations to have ‘adequate procedures’ in place in relation to a section 7 offence to prevent bribery.
Do you have policies and procedures in place to prevent bribery offences under the Bribery Act 2010? Do you have a dedicated officer in your business? Have you conducted staff training on the Bribery Act 2010?
The aim of this introductory live broadcast session is to ensure that all members of staff in your business, whatever their role, have an understanding of their responsibilities and duties in relation to the Bribery Act 2010.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What is bribery?
- Legislation - The Bribery Act 2010 and offences under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA)
- Bribes v gifts
- Hospitality, gifts and entertainment
- What is a facilitation payment?
- Complying with the Bribery Act 2010
- How do you determine ‘clean’ and ‘dirty’ countries you may deal with in relation to bribery and corruption
- The Ministry of Justice and their six principles
- Training of your staff
- Policies, procedures, registers - what have you got in place
- The cost of getting it wrong
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Money Laundering
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.