An Introductory Guide to Employment Taxes in Scotland
This course is aimed at those with little or no previous knowledge of the rules or the legislation covering employment taxes; including IR35 and CIS.
The course will cover the latest and up to date practices, regulations and approach of HMRC.
The session will be interactive and participative using case study exercises to reinforce the rules.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Main aspects of importance to look for in the employed versus self employed arguments
- The key definitions and interpretation of each aspect
- What the legislation says on employed versus self employed
- How case law is used
- What HMRC look for
- How HMRC think and act
- Dealing with technical issues
- How to save client money
- How and why contracts can be of vital importance
- How to take control of a case
- The appeals process
- IR35 & employment status
- Construction Industry Scheme
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme