An Introduction to the Sports Law Landscape
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to sports law and an insight into the broad range of matters a sports lawyer will deal with in practice day to day.
This course will be suitable for lawyers, sports professionals and those new to the area and seeking a broad understanding of the key areas of sports law and practice.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- What is sports law?
- The regulatory regime
- Sports governance/the autonomy of sport
- Betting, match fixing and corruption
Disputes in Sport
- Litigation v arbitration (advantages/disadvantages within the sports framework)
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport
- Image rights
- Brands (intellectual property rights)
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme