An Introduction to Premises Licences & Permits under the Gambling Act
Since the Gambling Act was first introduced the Gambling Commission has significantly extended its guidance to Local Authorities on their role in ensuring that the licensing objectives are promoted.
This includes considering the contents of an application and whether the applicant will be operating the premises to comply with the objectives.
This webinar will help you to understand the key aspects of preparing an application, and an appeal in the light of any representations made together with case law guidance.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The Gambling Commission’s guidance to Local Authorities
- Local Authorities’ Statement of Principles (Gambling Policy)
- Types of premises
- Sub-division and use of buildings - what is a premises?
- The Queen (on the application of) Betting Shop Services Limited -v- Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
- Exceptions to the requirement for a premises Licence and limited alternatives
- Premises licence applications
- Responsible authorities and interested parties
- Appeals on the decision of the Local Authority
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 7th November 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.