An Introduction to Licensing Law for Commercial Property Professionals
Licensing can feature in a whole range of property transactions and so it is important when working on transactions in this area that you have a basic grounding in the essentials.
This live broadcast session will focus on the Licensing Act 2003 covering England and Wales. It will provide you with a practical guide as to what to look out for whether it be acting on behalf of a vendor, purchaser, landlord, developer or investor.
No previous knowledge of licensing law is required.
What You Will Learn
This interactive live session will cover the following:
- Licensing - the basics
- Conditional contracts
- What to check when acting for a purchaser:
- Checking the premises licence
- The effect of insolvency on a premises licence
- Onerous conditions
- Pre-contract enquiries
- What to do on completion
- Duties of the seller's solicitor
- Things to look out for when acting for landlords of existing and new sites
- Important considerations when acting for a lender
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.