An Introduction to Law Firm Compliance
In a law firm compliance covers many topics and is ever-changing. It can be time consuming and confusing to keep up to date with every topic.
Suitable for fee earners and support staff, this one day course will cover the key areas providing a refresher of the basics and a look ahead to future developments.
This course is designed for anyone working in a law firm looking to gain a sound understanding of the compliance topics and also for anyone wishing to bring themselves up to speed with current developments. The course will look at some real life cases and scenarios throughout the day.
What You Will Learn
The course will cover many areas including:
- Out with the old SRA Handbook and in with the new SRA Standards and Regulations:
- Changing from the SRA Handbook to the SRA Standards and Regulations
- The principles
- SRA Codes of Conduct - one for solicitors and one for the firm
- COLP and COFA update
- Financial update including:
- The new SRA Accounts Rules from the SRA Standards and Regulations
- Things to consider for the new rules
- Anti-Money Laundering including:
- The SRA thematic reviews
- What is money laundering
- Key legislation including:
- The Terrorism Act 2000
- Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Bribery Act 2010
- Criminal Finance Act 2017
- The Money Laundering Regulations 2017
- Who are the NCA
- The role of the MLRO and their reporting duties
- 5MLD and 6MLD - the future
- GDPR/Data Protection including:
- An overview of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
- The principles including accountability
- Do we need a DPO?
- Where most of your data breaches occur
- Recording and reporting of breaches
- The costs of getting it wrong
- A round up of updates in other key areas in compliance
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme