An Introduction to Joint Venture Agreements - Protecting the Parties & Their Rights
Corporate joint ventures need good well drafted agreements so all parties know their legal position and rights.
If you are involved in the preparation of such agreements then this webinar is for you.
What You Will Learn
This introductory webinar will cover the following:
- Contract structure, precedents and types of contract - minority/majority shareholder bias
- Reserved matters and veto rights for minority shareholders - what is appropriate and what are the relevant percentages that might be used?
- Reminder of Companies Act requirements
- Ancillary agreements including licensing, IP and consultancy agreements
- Service and employment agreements with director/shareholders
- When IP should be owned by the company or retained by an investor/shareholder
- Competition law and joint ventures including joint ventures between competitors, the impact of high market shares and when might a joint venture be treated as a ‘merger’ under UK and EU competition law
- Exits and shares - death, good and bad leaver provisions, rights to sell shares, obligations to offer shares to existing shareholders and valuation of shares
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 9th May 2018 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.