An Introduction to International Family Law
Many millions of UK people marry or live with someone from abroad, are living abroad, working abroad or have property abroad.
The UK is the centre of a global community with many international families and it is important for practitioners to know how to handle cases with international elements.
This webinar will provide an introduction to international family law and practical guidance on this tricky area.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is an international case?
- Status of a relationship
- Recognition of foreign marriages and divorces
- Divorce and the best place for divorce (forum shopping)
- Financial arrangements
- Owning property abroad
- Cross border enforcement of finance orders
- Marital agreements
- The effect of leaving the EU on Family Law
- Mediation, arbitration and ADR in an international context