An Introduction to Insolvency Law
This new live broadcast session will provide junior level professionals with a concise introduction to insolvency law.
The session will introduce the types of insolvency issues which you may encounter in practice, including issues which commonly arise for the landlord of an insolvent tenant; issues which may arise for a supplier of goods and services on the insolvency of its customer; and the types of claims which insolvency practitioners may bring against former directors and/or creditors.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- Overview of the different personal and corporate insolvency procedures
- Which insolvency procedure to choose
- Priority of payments in insolvency: expenses, secured, preferential and unsecured claims
- Position of employees of insolvent companies, and the extent to which their claims have preferential status
- When will a landlord of an insolvent company be entitled to payment of rent as an insolvency expense?
- Use of voluntary arrangements to vary the terms of leases, and other contracts
- Retention of title clauses, and when they need to be registered as company charges
- Corporate Insolvency and Governance Bill 2019-21 and its effect on termination clauses in supply contracts
- Overview of asset recovery in insolvency - transactions at an undervalue, preferences, misfeasance claims and void transactions
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.