An Introduction to Deputyship
This full day introductory course provides a practical guide to deputyship and will cover how to prepare and make the application in the Court of Protection, as well as the extent and limits of the powers of deputyship once the appointment has been made.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Understand the legal framework and the relevant provisions of the Mental Capacity Act 2005;
- Know what information and evidence you need in order to make the application:
- Have a working knowledge of, and be able to complete the COP forms to make the application;
- Understand the role of the Office of the Public Guardian in supervising deputies;
- Know what a deputy can and cannot do, once appointed;
- Be aware of the alternatives to deputyship;
- Understand what costs are recoverable by both professional and lay deputies.
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Just click Court of protection
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme