An Introduction to Debt Recovery in Scotland
This full day course will provide an introduction to all aspects of legal debt recovery in Scotland.
It will cover pre sue collection techniques through to the most effective types of judgment enforcement which will enable your clients’ cash to be recovered quickly and effectively.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Pre-sue collection techniques
- An outline of ordinary cause actions
- An outline of simple procedure actions
- How to get a decree
- Pre-judgment remedies
- Diligence (judgment enforcement) and what techniques are the most effective
- Fast track debt recovery to include the use of statutory demands and insolvency processes
- The Debt Arrangement Scheme
- Recent case law
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme