An Introduction to Auto Enrolment
This 3 hour course is intended to provide an outline of the employer duties in respect of auto-enrolment into a workplace pension and the ten steps that will lead to a successful implementation. It is intended for professional advisors, finance, payroll and HR professionals.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Who is an employer, are some employers exempt?
- Duties start dates: when is that for new employers?
- Definitions and deadlines
- Who is a worker? Is anybody who works with you exempt?
- Segmenting the workforce and duties for each type of worker
- The assessment process
- What are 'qualifying earnings' as opposed to ‘pensionable pay’
- An introduction to pension scheme options
- The two type of deferral (previously known as postponement)
- How to auto-enrol and re-enrol: payroll set up, communication and contractual enrolment (salary sacrifice)
- Calculating contributions and certification
- Handling opt-outs, opts in, joiners and cessations
- Compliance: records, payments, ongoing duties and penalties
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme