Agents & Insolvency - A Pre-emptive Guide
This introductory level webinar will help you understand and pre-empt the adverse consequences of an agent becoming insolvent.
You will also learn about the circumstances in which you can revoke an agent’s authority, especially in circumstances where an agent’s financial solvency is in doubt.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The legal principles that govern how and when an agent’s authority is revocable or irrevocable
- Real life examples of when an agent’s authority is revocable or irrevocable
- The effect of the agent’s insolvency from the perspective of the principal
- The effect on monies paid, or to be paid, from third parties (such as customers) to the agent
- The potential claims that a principal may have in the insolvent estate of the agent, including any trust claims
- The potential claims that may be made between the principal and third party payers
- Practical tips when drafting and determining the authority of an agent, and what to do when an agent’s financial solvency is in doubt
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 25th June 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.