Advising Charities - An Introduction
Charities are part of the everyday life of our communities and professional advisors often deal with them, yet there are many mysteries and traps for the unwary.
This introductory level course will equip you with the building blocks know-how you need to understand and advise charities’ trustees and senior officers, whether on governance, operations or the Charity Commission. It is aimed at those wishing to move into this complex area or would benefit from a refresher session.
- How do you advise on what type of charity to set up?
- What should trigger a governance review?
- How do you advise trustees on risk?
- What special rules apply to charities for property transactions, investment, employment, commercial contracts, dealing with public bodies, or resolving disputes?
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The essentials of a charity
- Types of charity structure
- Charitable purposes and public benefit
- Charity sub-sectors
- Law and regulation for charities, their structures and activities
- The Charity Commission
- The Charity Tribunal
- Governance and trustees’ duties
- Charity issues for the unwary practitioner
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme