Admissibility of Electronic Signatures - A One Hour Guide
The law on electronic signatures is set out in the common law, the Electronic Communications Act 2000 and also in Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 (the eIDAS Regulation) which has had direct applicability in member states from 1 July 2016 and will continue to apply post-Brexit.
This webinar will review the content of the existing common law decisions and statute and will also summarise the Law Society’s Guidance Note and the Law Commission’s provisional conclusions.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Summary of different types of electronic signatures
- Analysis of relevant case law concerning the usage of electronic signatures
- Admissibility of electronic signatures under s7-8 of the Electronic Communications Act 2000
- Definition and effect of ‘electronic signatures’ under the eIDAS Regulation
- Application to different types of contract
- Practical steps to consider
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 20th November 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.