Administration of Estates - Tackling the Problem Areas
Probate and administration of estates is an area fraught with pitfalls if you do not manage the administration correctly. This leaves executors in a situation where they can be potentially liable for loss caused to the beneficiaries in cases where they did not even realise they had made an error.
When acting as a professional executor you need to be aware of the problem areas to ensure you protect your firm and meet the service levels agreed to your clients.
This new course is not intended to set out the procedure for applying for probate but focuses on the problem areas in order to enhance your knowledge on the application of the rules.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Ascertaining assets/ liabilities and applying reliefs; quick succession, BPR, APR and gifts out of income
- Potentially exempt transfers and the backwards shadow, and the impact this can have on your estate
- Gifts with reservation of benefit and pre owned asset tax
- Tax: inheritance tax, residence nil rate band, capital gains tax and income tax and when they apply to an estate
- Trusts and their treatment in respect of the deceased's estate
- Missing beneficiaries
- Contested estates: Larke v Nugus, inheritance act claims and claims for breach of duty
- Case law updates
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme