Acting for Barristers - Key Issues for Accountants & Tax Advisors
Whilst barristers are subject to the general self-employed rules as other self-employed taxpayers, they have a unique ‘chambers’ system and there are several important idiosyncrasies unique to their profession.
This introductory level live broadcast session will guide you through the essential issues.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- How does the ‘chambers’ system work?
- On what basis are barristers taxed?
- How are bad debts treated?
- How to tax specific income features of barristers such as ‘no win no fee’ and ‘conditional fee arrangements’
- Which expenses have specific rules applicable to barristers?
- Clothing and court clothes
- Deductibility of electronic devices
- Capital allowances rules specific to barristers
- VAT rules specific to barristers
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.