Accounting for Registered Social Landlords - 2020 Update
Registered Social Landlords must embrace accounting rules issued by the Financial Reporting Council (FRS 102), the SORP Working Party (Statement of Recommended Practice) and the Regulator of Social Housing (Accounting Direction).
This webinar will focus on the numerous changes to these regulations taking effect in 2020, notably the new SORP and the new Accounting Direction.
This webinar is suitable for accountants and other financial professionals working in housing associations involved in statutory and management reporting and external accountants and auditors who act for clients in the housing sector.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Recent changes and common problem areas when preparing and auditing financial statements for Registered Social Landlords;
- How to apply recent guidance issued by the Regulator of Social Housing when advising clients or when working within the sector; and
- How common problem areas should be tackled
- Recent changes to FRS 102, the Housing SORP and the Accounting Direction and what they mean in practice
- Top tips for excellent narrative information in housing association accounts and why it really matters
- Hot topics when accounting for and auditing housing groups
- Other relevant regulatory changes and how these impact on financial reports and audits in the sector
This webinar was recorded on 30th January 2020