Accounting for Acquisitions & Re-Structuring - A Complete Guide for Accountants
This highly practical and interactive course is designed to bring all those involved in preparing and auditing consolidated financial statements, or in dealing with business transactions including reorganisations and restructurings, fully up to date.
The course is aimed at experienced accountants and will look at the current UKGAAP requirements for these transactions but will also compare these with the IFRS rules wherever necessary.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- What Makes a ‘Group’
- Current definitions of parent, subsidiary, associate and joint venture status
- The treatment of special purpose entities
- The requirements to prepare consolidated accounts, exemptions and the basic technique
- Acquisition Accounting
- Valuing the cost of investments - including issues around deferred and contingent consideration
- Valuing the separable assets acquired and goodwill
- Subsequent measurement, amortisation and impairment provisions
- Inter-group Transactions
- Transfers of assets and services and transfer pricing payments
- Impact of the above on distributable profits and impairment testing
- Accounting for Reorganisations and the use of ‘Merger’ Accounting
- Investments in Foreign Subsidiaries
- Treatment of foreign exchange gains and losses and the hedging concessions
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme