Academy Schools - An Accountant’s Guide to Audit & Financial Statements
The regulatory burden facing academy school auditors is enormous. A good working knowledge of the Accounting Direction, the Charities SORP and the Academies Financial Handbook is crucial - and with these sources of rules apparently in a constant state of flux, this is no mean feat!
This course will appraise you of all that is new in the area of academies accounting and audit and what you need to do to ensure that you and your clients comply.
What You Will Learn
This seminar will cover:
- The key changes brought in by the 2018 Accounting Direction and Academies Financial Handbook and how these shape the preparation of FRS 102-compliant accounts by all Academy Schools
- Regulator feedback on important governance problems affecting Academy schools and how to advise clients so that these are appropriately addressed; and
- Common problem areas encountered by auditors when carrying out and documenting 'true and fair' and regularity audits and how to put these right
- The 2018 Academies Accounting Direction - key changes and their impact
- Subjective areas of accounting for Academies - and how to get them right
- 2018 Updates on the Academies Financial Handbook
- ESFA feedback for Academies and their auditors - examples of good and poor practice
- Academy accounts 'hot topics' - accounting for properties and pension liabilities
Who should attend the seminar?
- Partners, managers and staff in professional practice firms with prior experience of Academy schools
- Accounting officers and business managers working in Academy schools
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme