AML Update - An Essential Guide for Fee Earners
This webinar is aimed at all front-line fee-earning staff with client contact in the legal, accountancy, insolvency and other professional sectors including financial and credit institutions.
It will cover the implications of money laundering duties and responsibilities for those staff working in the regulated and unregulated legal, accountancy, investment managers or those who advise on investments within the financial services sector and other professional service sectors.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- HM Treasury Risk Assessment - how are professionals implicated?
- The impact on the firm, clients and insurers
- Appreciate the key offences and how to react to them
- Why AML procedures and practices are still crucial
- When to report - when not to - when should you be suspicious?
- How can you best to protect yourself (and your firm)?
- MLR 2017 - the key duties - CDD & OM
- Customer Due Diligence
- CDD in unusual situations
- Source of wealth and source of funds enquiries
- What paperwork is adequate? What is required?
- Do you need to certify?
- Are you doing enough due diligence?
- Are you concentrating on the right things?
- What if the documentation is fake?
- Ongoing Monitoring
- Know your client
- What kinds of enquiries should be made, of what and when?
- When to report
- When not to report, despite your concerns
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 15th August 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Money Laundering