A Practical Guide to ‘Simple Procedure’ & Debt Litigation
This course will provide guidance on how to pursue consumer debts and will also cover repossession actions which is a hot topic in regulated debt recovery.
If you are a solicitor or paralegal working in debt litigation then this course is for you.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Return of Goods actions - a forensic look at the process and some common misunderstandings about what motor finance providers can and can't do
- Repossession actions - looking in particular at term expired cases and issues surrounding customer vulnerability with example case studies
- Enforcement - Presented by a guest speaker from the Sheriff's office with case study examples:
- The various methods of enforcement in Scotland
- How to select the best method
- Practical difficulties encountered
- Common defences put forward - what are they and how can you rebut them
- Types of defences in debt cases
- Top tips on how to deal with them with case studies
- A summary of the process in Return of Goods actions
- Repossession actions with a particular focus on the industry hot topic of vulnerability
- A view from a Guest Speaker Dorothy Lowe, a sheriff officer on current enforcement methods and what might be coming post the Government consultation on Diligence
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme