A Practical Guide to Drafting IT Contracts
IT contracts are notoriously difficult to draft. This half-day course will introduce delegates to the "dark arts" of drafting IT contracts including wizard wheezes and a problem 'sorting hat'. The emphasis throughout will be on the practical and the pragmatic, rather than the academic.
This course will be aimed at commercial lawyers without specific expertise in the drafting of IT contracts. It will focus on what's special about IT contracts and will give delegates greater confidence to deal with them in future.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding the deal
- Reflecting the deal in the contract
- Ways to avoid showing your inexperience
- Where you can find good precedents (other than on PLC)
- A list of the most common mistakes made in IT contracts
- The most important issues that are often not covered properly (or at all)
- The critical points that you MUST cover
- A simple explanation of Agile computing and Cloud computing
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme