A Guide to MIB Claims for RTA Lawyers
There are more accidents happening where the Defendant is either uninsured or untraced. In dealing with such cases you will have to determine which MIB agreement, if any, applies to your client’s case.
This live broadcast session will assist you in understanding and applying the Uninsured Drivers Agreement and the new Untraced Drivers Agreement.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive course will cover the following:
- What has changed in the Untraced Drivers Agreement 2017 and supplementary Uninsured Drivers Agreement 2017?
- A review of the Untraced Drivers Agreement 2003 and Uninsured Drivers Agreement 2015
- Understand the difference between contractual insurer, RTA insurer, Article 75 insurer and the MIB
- Vnuk: where are we now?
- A focus on ex turpi causa in MIB claims
- A practical approach to the application of the MIB agreements through interactive case studies
- The Supreme Court decision in Cameron -v- Hussain & Ors, a case where a claimant pursued the insurer of an identified vehicle but an unidentified driver
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.