A Guide to Forced Marriage for Family Lawyers
Forced marriages come in all shapes and sizes.
Family lawyers need to be alert to the distinctions between forced and arranged marriages, how to spot danger signs when a vulnerable adult or child is at risk and how to obtain protective remedies.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The definition of a forced marriage, including the test for capacity to consent to marriage
- Terms and operation of FMPOs
- A practical guide to obtaining an FMPO
- The overlap with care proceedings, and the Court of Protection
- Defending/responding to FMPO applications
- Passports and travel bans
- Recent case-law including Re C (Female Genital Mutilation and Forced Marriage)  and Re K (Forced Marriage: Passport Order) 
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 7th July 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.