A Guide to Cohabitation Law & Practice for Family Lawyers - Live with Safda Mahmood
The law surrounding cohabitation is becoming an area which family practitioners are increasingly being expected to advise on.
This live broadcast session will cover the key issues and the developing case law in this area.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- Advising at the conveyancing stage
- Types of trust and use of equitable estoppel
- Application of the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996
- Drafting, procedure and agreements
- Key case law, including Stack v Dowden, Kernott v Jones and Barnes v Phillips
- Schedule 1 Children Act Applications and ToLATA
- Developing case law
- Family and Civil Procedure Rules - What are the key differences?
- Steps to take pre-proceedings
- Claim forms
- Documentation and offers to settle
- Dealing with Court Directions and Orders
- Pursuing and defending ToLATA claims
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.