A Guide to CGT & IHT Relief for Farmers & Landowners
With an increasingly elderly farming population and increased land development opportunities there is a need to be able to give specialist tax advice on the ways to minimise the potential capital gains tax on the sale of development land whilst ensuring that the availability of agricultural property relief and business property relief are not diminished.
This webinar will look at the CGT reliefs and IHT reliefs available to farmers and landowners, how to maximise the opportunities available and the areas where HMRC may challenge the availability of relief.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Structuring the farming business to maximise the opportunities
- Making use of rollover relief
- The availability of entrepreneurs relief and the retirement of the farmer
- Continuing the farming business whilst making the maximum use of entrepreneurs relief
- The role of the farming company
- Where APR will apply
- The challenges of horses, farmhouses, cottages and redundant farm buildings
- How to increase the availability of BPR
- The importance of constant review
- Summary of the case law