A Definitive Guide to Reorganisation & Redundancy - Live with Kate Shepherd
A poorly implemented redundancy process can lead to an employer failing to comply with the legal requirements relating to consultation and redeployment or applying discriminatory selection criteria.
This practical live broadcast session examines the important and complex issues in handling individual and collective redundancies. It will examine the redundancy process from start to finish - giving practical tips and advice on managing the process - helping lawyers advise clients in a proactive manner.
It will appeal to all in-house and private practice lawyers and HR Professionals who need to keep up to date with all the latest developments in law and practice.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Definition of a redundancy
- What a fair procedure should include
- Choosing and applying appropriate selection criteria and avoiding the discriminatory pitfalls
- Identifying the pool for selection
- Consultation requirements
- Meaning of "suitable alternative employment"
- Statutory redundancy payments
- Role of settlement agreements
- Defending unfair dismissal claims
- Recent case law
- Practical tips
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.