A Criminal Finances Act Update - UWOs & Interim Freezing Orders
With the public's clamour for McMafia style unexplained wealth to be investigated, the number of unexplained wealth orders ('UWO') is set to increase: are you ready to advise your clients?
This course is aimed at those with little or no previous knowledge of unexplained wealth orders and interim freezing orders.
Delegates will be invited to engage in a discussion on any recent cases and the effectiveness of these powers.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The requirements that need to be met for a UWO to be made
- The effects of compliance and non-compliance of a UWO
- The consequences of making misleading statements
- The requirements for an interim freezing order
- The variation and discharge of an interim freezing order
- Compensation when an interim freezing order is discharged
- Recent Government guidance on the application of interim freezing orders
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Money Laundering
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme