2020 Personal Injury Update - Live with Jeff Zindani
This APIL accredited live broadcast session will guide you through a number of important developments over the past 12 months and will also look at some hot topics for practitioners. It will consider case law guidance together with practical tips, insights, and tactics used by insurers and defendants.
The live session presented by Jeff Zindani will be given against the background of significant government reforms in the PI sector.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The PI Reform Agenda - from the Civil Liability Act 2018, to the extension of fixed recoverable costs
- Overcharging clients - guidance from the Court of Appeal
- Claims Portal and fixed recoverable costs - case law update
- Fundamental dishonesty - where are we now?
- Qualified one-way costs shifting - practice and procedure
- Limitation and service issues - case law round up
- Liability case law update - notable cases over the past 12 months
- Damages update - from fatal accidents to CRU deductions after Universal Credit
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.